Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My growing belly... and huge belly button

I'm officially in love with my growing belly. It seems that currently it's just my belly and tata's that are growing, and I'm ok with that. Hopefully those are the only two (well, three) things that keep expanding for the next 18 weeks. People are so quick to give you advice when you're pregnant but, no one ever informed me that my belly button would pop out like a pimple on a middle school boys face. When it was beginning its adventure out of the hole it's lived in for 25 years, it hurt! It was painful to touch and frankly, it was kind of dirty! People tell you about the joys of pregnancy including hearing the hearbeat for the first time, seeing this human being that two people created (with the help of the man upstairs) move around all over the place, and watching what was once a skinny belly buldge out to make room for your son to grow. But, they neglect to tell you the nasty stuff. I don't find it appropriate to share all of those nasty things on my blog but those who are pregnant should definitely read Jenny McCarthy's book, Belly Laughs. She tells it like it is and leaves little to the imagination. She has been the one to prepare me for the real deal of pregnancy. Despite the nasty things that are taking place in and out of my body, I couldn't imagine not going through it for my son. It's strange that all your life your parents tell you how much they love you and they say, "You won't understand until you have kids of your own". It's so true. I haven't even experienced all of being a mom yet and I'd already die for this little man growing inside of me, whom is currently kicking me as I type this.. I bet he knows I'm talking about him. I already have a new respect for my parents. A respect that doesn't come until you experience it yourself. I know the love my parents have for me will only be understood more as I experience it with my son. So, as far as I'm concerned, bring on the nastyness! My husband took a vow to love me through the pretty and the nasty (well, maybe not those exact vows but, close enough!). I'll be posting some belly pictures and family pictures soon. Thanks for tuning in! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment