Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My husband and I found out we were expecting our first child July 21, 2012. I always knew I'd enjoy being a stay at home mom. In fact, when I was younger and someone would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up I would say, "I want to be a mom". Having children was never a question for me nor for my husband. We just weren't expecting it to happen so soon. We are high school sweethearts and have been together for 9 years. We got married December of 2010 and found out we were pregnant November of 2011 (your math was correct, not even a year of newlywed bliss). For a lot of couples, this may have been a dagger to the heart, but we are full believers that things happen for a reason. It was clearly God's time for us to have a child, which is the best gift he can give anyone and I'm still amazed he chose us. These past 5 months my husband and I have thrown around the idea of me staying at home and puting my teaching career aside. In my mind, there's no question that being a stay at home mom would be my dream "job". Being able to raise my children is truly a gift from above. My husband, Adam, works for the family insurance business. He is 25 and is the boss (sorry, I love saying that). He has accomplished so much in his life and I am so proud to call him my husband. He provides for our growing family, never complains, and most importantly, is a follower of Jesus Christ. God, yet again, blessed me with Adam. Now, back to the stay at home business. My family has always had the motto of working hard for everything you want/need in life. You provide for yourself. Sharing with them that we had decided I'd stay at home was rather difficult because I had worked so hard to get my teaching degree. I've taught for 3 years and now I'm essentially giving that up (in their mind). They are coming to terms with it and frankly, it doesn't matter what they think any more. We trust we are making the right decision. Now, why am I writing a blog, you may wonder? I know that being a mommy is a full time job and I will quickly experience this in the next few months. I just hate not being able to help my family financially. I did some research and saw that blogging is a fun way to create some cash flow and be able to do it on your own time. I love to write, and I love to share things going on in my life, things that I know are bound to get a lot more interesting as the days, weeks, and months go on. I'm hoping this blog can help support other stay at home moms and give you a good insite that you, we, aren't alone! There will be many other blogs regarding mommyhood, family time, juggling your social life, cooking (I love to cook, but I'm still learning there as well) and cleaning. Stay tuned for more of The Growing Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment